Monday, March 7, 2016

identity...

Saturday --on the way to practice her solo:

Izabella:
" Hey Mom, want to know something my Mom gave me?"

Me:
" of course yes!"

Izabella: 
"You have to look at my finger--see how I can bend the top of my finger down? Pretty cool huh? Not everyone can do this. I got this from my mom." 

This morning:
Izabella:
"Mom, can the "Long Island Medium" do a reading for me so I can talk to my mom?"

Me:
"Well, perhaps one day we can figure out a way to do that."

Izabella:
" I have some questions I want to ask."

Me:
"What would you ask her?"

Izabella:
"What was my name? Who are my grandparents? I want to know who my family is. I'm sad I don't know them."

It's a reality the unknowns are there and we are so proud of her- that she has always been able to express her feelings and thoughts on this. It is our hope we can continue to give her the ability to embrace all of her- including her past. Just like anyone. We need to embrace all of us- and process it in a healthy way that helps us understand-who we are uniquely. Good, bad, and otherwise. 

We are here. We hear you. And we trust with Gods help-she will find her way to a peace about it all that makes her whole-always. 



Love, Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment