She is now 36.5" tall and almost 33 pounds. Up from 30" tall and 28 pounds on the day we met her.
A little snipet of her at 8-months home: She is vibrant, patient, kind, loving, has good instincts about people, a great sense of humor, loves to laugh and giggle, compassionate, trusting of us, good sleeper, flexible, loves to read and be read to, knows how to count to 10, is potty-trained, will be in a toddler bed soon, has grown out of many of her 24 month clothes and even 2T's are getting a bit small, she has beautiful thick wavy hair, eats until we tell her to stop (I think this is lingering orphanage issue--working on that), naps once a day for about an hour, knows most family and friends by name, calls me "Mommy" regularly now, and Dan "Daddy" now about 25% of the time, uses her imagination so vividly she thinks it's real--I mean real (more on this later), dances like a pro (her moves now include a bit of break dancing, contemporary floor movements, jumping, squatting, balancing on one foot holding onto something, wiggling her butt), sings so sweetly and with such emotion in her face, she can do a sommer-sault (has for quite a while now) and is very proud of herself, instead of "I you you." it's now, "I too." and she signs it with her head cocked to one side and looking at you so very sweet, knows some words in the songs we sing, has started to show voluntary love to our dogs quite a lot, loves to help with all things mom and dad do, plays independently very well, loves babies and kids of any kind, she is great with crossing the road--ALWAYS checks for cars--and is very aware of any moving cars in the parking lots, she reminds me to shut off lights, bring my glasses with me, and to grab my phone before leaving one room to the next, she does the stairs like an old pro--one foot at a time if you hold her hand.
Some of the things she is saying a lot now: "Sure." "Look at me! Look at me!" "Oh Maaannn!" "Maaannn Oh Maaan", "Oh Gosh!" "Geeeez" "Wow!" So cute the way she says these things.
Bonding: She's doing so well, she will stick very close to us in public around strangers, even go as far as not want to be put down. She loves to be rocked to sleep at night--and makes excellent eye-contact with us--all the time. Her night terrors have all but stopped. She is easily comforted by Dan and I and looks to us first when she's hurt. Even when she does a job on her big toe on the driveway--that must have hurt like crazy--took weeks to heal. She still does not show any signs of grieving during the day (never has really) she's always so content and happy.
I'm sure there's more--these are the things that come to mind immediately. This video is 10 minutes--but includes lots of sweet video of some things we've done this month:
- Blowing Bubbles with Daddy--this was during Dan's sister's visit.
- Washing Bikes--Izabella begs to wash her bike everytime Dan washes his. She was granted her request and I captured it on video--so sweet.
- Pool Tea Party with Ethan. We had sooo much fun with Ethan. They are getting more and more comfortable with each other and are so fun to watch. Date was at our house this time--we played for 2 hours in the kiddie pool.
- Lake Ride-in: she loved watching the fish jump out of the lake, all the boats and even got to dance to some music.
- Parade--she got more candy than any child should eat in a lifetime. And some fun beads too. Watching her while we waited for the parade to get to us--which was about an hour--UGH--was so fun.
- Carnival--her first carnival...some video of her first rides
- Playground Play--she's so different now at the playground than 8 months ago. She runs and plays all over the place--and worked up a real sweat this last visit on a rainy day.
- COLD Ice Cream--she does this funny face and shivers when she takes a big bite of anything COLD.
- Silly faces..and "Slow Down!": She is so animated when she visits with you. I love having conversations with her. Just before I got this clip she was asking the moon to come and talking to it like it was animated. In this video she yells,"Slow-down!" We live on a street that has become a through fare for folks that live in the housing out behind us--to avoid lights on the intended through street--UGH. Hence, we have lots of speeding vehicles. The police are monitoring it more now--thanks to Dan calling the mayor and the county sheriff several times--so hopefully that will help. But prior to that Dan would yell at the cars going by, "Slow-Down!" Or he's hold up his hand and hold up the fingers "two" "five"! You'll hear her telling one of the noisy bikes (which she associates a loud noisy motor with speeding) to "slow down!" "too fast!"
- Izabella likes to talk on her play Princess Phone. Snow White and Cinderella talk to her. She prefers to talk to Snow White. Last week she handed me her phone and told me Snow White wanted to talk to me. So I played along, talked to her and told her "Of course you can come over and play with Izabella." Then I told Izabella Snow White was coming over to play soon. Then we went to the door--and I told her Snow White was here to play. She just kept saying, "Where is she?" Needless to say, in Izabella's mind, Snow White has not made it over to play yet. Yesterday, I asked Izabella to come to check the mail with me, she said, "Snow White?" She thought Snow White was coming to the door.
- Papa plays the game "I got your nose" and then puts it back on . Well recently they've taken the game further and Papa will throw her nose like a baseball. She then says, "No." and retrieves it and puts it back on her face. Last night he was sitting at the table playing the game while she was in her lap. He took her nose, her ears, her eyes, her lips‚—each time throwing them away--like magic. As he moved through each of them, her face started to drop and she got so sad a tear welled up! I said, "Dan she doesn't know it's not real, you better retrieve them and put them back right away." So he did and as fast as her face went sad she was happy and giggling again. Wow! imagination at it's finest.